2012年9月10日星期一

Product Reviews, Fragrance, Skincare – Covet

Product Reviews, Fragrance, Skincare – Covet by Sarah Jessica Parker, Darphin Paris Azahar Cleansing Micellar Water; Face of the Day – Nix’ie Cosmetics Eye Shadow Palette

Advertisement



Yay or Nay? – Celeb Perfums

covet-sarah-jessica-parker-eau-de-parfum
The thought of most celeb perfumes makes me want to throw up in my mouth a little. I mean, let’s get real. If my net worth was a jillion dollars I wouldn’t be buying a $14.00 fragrance with my name on it if was kept in a locked glass cabinet at Walgreens.

Plus, I think it’s a touch presumptuous to think that the masses would want to go around smelling like you. If we really got a true whiff of Britney,Skin Care on the Cheap- 5 Tips (and a Giveaway!), chances are she wouldn’t emit the scent of “Loquat Fruit and Tonka Crystals.”

So when I got this wee bottle of Sarah Jessica Parker’s “Covet” I was more than prepared to haterade all over it, but a mix of curiosity and masochism drove me to place a few drops on my wrist. I waited and waited and waited for the eau de self-centered celebrity to kick in … but then was pleasantly surprised to find that I liked how it smelled. In fact, it actually smells pretty good – like lemons, your boyfriend’s sweater and baby powder brewed together in a cauldron for a really long time.

I am happy to declare that I don’t hate this! What’s your take on celeb perfumes? Got any guilty pleasures?

Product Review – Darphin Azahar Cleansing Micellar Water

darphin-cleansing-water
I’ve been on a makeup remover kick lately. I’m looking to feed my inner beast of laziness, so my mission is to find a product that that:

- removes long-wearing eye makeup easily
- doesn’t require an extra rinse of water
- smells good
- doesn’t dry out my skin

When I found Darphin, a French skin care line, I thought that I found pay dirt with their makeup remover for sensitive skin. Azahar Cleansing Micellar Water is a no-rinse formula that I apply with a soft cotton ball or pad, and it removes almost all of my makeup and doesn’t require an extra rinse of water. It doesn’t leave my face feeling taught or dry, and has a wonderful light, floral smell that is divine.

The downside? It’s pricey – $50.00 for a 6.7 fl oz bottle (I know, I know!) Also, while this removes most makeup it won’t remove long-wear products, like MAC Liquidlast liner.

It’s a wonderful, luxurious splurge though. Christmas is around the corner, so it might be a nice stocking stuffer for the makeup junkie in your life who has everything.

Face of the Day – A Light Purple Eye with the Nixie Eye Palette

A few weeks ago I posted pics of a beautiful shadow palette from Nix’ie Cosmetics. Here’s a FOTD I did with two of the shadows from that palette:
nixie-fotd-2-sideview-100807
nixie-fotd-2-100807
nixie-lips-fotd-100807
nixie-palette-eye-closeup-100807
On the eyes I used these two colors from the palette.
nixie-colors-100807
And for the rest –
Makeup Forever Lift Concealer as shadow primer on lids
MAC Concrete and 266 brush for brows
MAC Plush Lash Mascara in Plushblack
MAC Select Moisturecover Concealer

Cheeks –
MAC Mocha Blush
MAC Emote Blush

Lips –
MAC Pink Treat Cremestick Liner
MAC Brew Lipstick
MAC Style It Up Lipglass

Face –
Laura Mercier Oil-free foundation
MAC Invisible Set Powder

This colors in this palette have varying levels of color payoff. It was especially evident when I tried it with different shadow bases. I tried MAC Paint, MAC Paint pot and liquid concealer. The concealer grabbed the shadows best and gave the most color payoff and ease of blendability.

I like the colors in this palette for either a sheer wash of color or as a pop of color to line the upper and lower lash line. I’ve been reaching for it often, especially on my 10-minute makeup days.

How was your weekend? I barely spent time inside the house because it was so beautiful outside. It pains me to know that rainy and gloomy weather is right around the corner.

El hub and I went into the city on Saturday night for the opening night of Litquake, a yearly literary festival held in San Francisco. The evening was a tribute to San Francisco author Armistead Maupin, author of Tales of the City and The Night Listener. Several of his closest friends,Cheap NFL Jerseys,Authentic Louis Vuitton,Cheap Jerseys,Two Ways to Win a $50 eGift Card from Sephora!_11111, including actress Laura Linney and Judd and Pam (ha!) from the Real World San Francisco, were there to read from his works and tell stories about him.

Anyway,Coach Factory Outlet Store Online, enjoy your Monday! Another week – and another chance to make a new start,louis vuitton outlet store, right?

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论