2012年9月10日星期一

I’d Say Yes to Cucumbers, But Not in My Eyes

I’d Say Yes to Cucumbers, But Not in My Eyes: Yes To Cucumbers Color Care Shampoo

Advertisement



How do you feel about cucumbers? More specifically, how do you feel about cucumbers in your hair? Yes To, purveyors of organic fruit and veggie-inspired hair and skin products, hopes you’ll say yes to ‘em.

When I spotted this bottle of Yes To Cucumbers Color Care Shampoo ($9) at Target on a recent trip, I immediately recalled the bomb-@ss Yes To Cucumbers conditioner I tried a while back, so I figured what the hay and threw the bottle in my cart.

Yes to CucumberI’ve been looking for something interesting (and much less expensive) to alternate with the Kerastase Chroma Sensitive Cleansing Balm I’ve been loving for a few months, and that’s what I hoped this cool cucumber would be.

I like the list of ingredients, which Yes To says are 99.8% natural. It does contain, among other things, cucumber (no big surprise there), as well as aloe, olive, sweet almond oil, jojoba, green tea and algae, and it’s petroleum-, paraben- and SLS-free.

Tabs also wanted me to point out that it’s cruelty-free, and for that, if nothing else, he gives it two big paws up (emphasis on big, as he’s a husky boy).

First things first: I love, LOVE how it smells – like chilled, freshly cut cucumber slices. If I didn’t know better, I’d be tempted to eat it (NOTE: it is NOT edible).

But shampoos are meant for more than just sniffing, right? So I took it into the shower with me, and that’s where things kinda took a wrong turn.

The problem is that it hurts like heck when it accidentally gets in my eyes.

Now,Cheap Jerseys, I’ve gotten shampoo into my eyes before, but this was something different. We’re talking ouch! It really stung.

I was fine after I flushed my eyes, but I learned one thing right away: keep those peepers shut nice and tight when using this shampoo…which, truth be told, I probably won’t be reaching for that often, and not just because of the eye thing.

It didn’t really do a good job of actually cleaning my hair,Kissing You Again- The Benefit Ultra Shines Lipgloss Line Brings Back a Cult (and Personal) Fave, even though I did the whole shampoo-lather-rinse-repeat routine. After everything, I still felt leftover hairspray and gel in my mop.

As for detangling, fuggedaboutit. My hair normally has lots of knots (I’m so knotty,21 Ways to Store Your Makeup,coach handbags wholesale, LOL!), and it still did after I’d finished using this.

I really wanted to like Yes To Cucumbers Color Care Shampoo more than I do. It smells great, looks good on paper and doesn’t weight down my hair, but I think as a finished product, it could use a little work.

PRICE: $9 for a 16.9 fl. oz.-bottle AVAILABILITY: Available now at drugstores, grocery stores and also online MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: C

Founded in 2006, Yes To has a bunch of different hair and body care products made with organic fruits and vegetables,Coach Handbags, to which they add a special mineral elixir derived from the Dead Sea to nourish and hydrate naturally, and these folks say yes to just about anything that goes well with salad — Yes To Carrots, Yes To Tomatoes, Yes To Cucumbers, Yes To Baby Carrots, Yes To Blueberries, Citrus, Melon, Mint…and I’m sure I’m forgetting something.

So long,Louis Vuitton outlet online, Thursday! Hello Friday!

So how was your afternoon? No complaints here. I didn’t experience any PMS-fueled bouts of rage or spontaneously cry,Cheap NFL Jerseys, and that’s always a good thing. :)

One thing that put a little pep in my step today was trying some scents from a French fragrance line called Atelier Cologne.

It’s carried at Neiman Marcus stores, and it looks like they also sell it online. Have you tried any of their scents before? The brand’s fairly new to me.

I like the imagery they use to describe their scents. The picture with the marble dressing table above is for one called Grand Neroli ($155 for a 6.7-oz. bottle, eek! I just tried a sample). Of course, I would like a picture with a porcelain Siamese. :)

I put a few drops on my wrist early this morning and eight hours later the scent was still going strong. That’s always a good thing with a scent you like.

The scent’s official notes are…

Top notes — Moroccan neroli (an oil from the bitter orange tree flower), lemon, sicilian bergamot, petitgrain (another oil from the bitter orange tree, but this time from green twigs)

Middle notes — Persian galbanum (a gum resin), moss, and birch leaves

Base notes — Clean musk, white amber, and vanilla from Madagascar

I think it’s a very comfy, girly scent. If I breathe it in and close my eyes, I’m having a good hair day and getting a great big hug from my mom.

I’ve only been wearing it part of one day, and I’ve already fallen for it.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论