2012年4月28日星期六

Losing the Plotz

I seem to not be able to accept the fact that my holiday in Hong Kong has ended and like some crazy woman, I'm STILL reading reviews of restaurants, seeking out shops openings and happily reveling in all of it, despite the fact that it's been more than a fortnight since I got back.  The only thing post-Hong Kong related that isn't entirely deranged is looking into the designers I discovered.  Technically, Plotz was on my hit list before the trip but of course seeing the clothes in their natural habitat is bound to prompt extra Googling/emailing.  I bugged designer Sing Chin Lo for Plotz's S/S 10 lookbook as I was intrigued by the fact she showed the collection at the Who's Next tradeshow in Paris.  The bugging may have been the deranged post-holiday-blues syndrome striking again.  I'm hoping Christmas will knock the blues out silly with its impending merriment, roast potatoes, turkey, cake atc etc...

Plotz's S/S 10 collection centres around Narcissus.  Haughty airs and graces and preening in the mirror are not necessary though as it's the geometric construction,Replica Eyepatch Sunglasses, with incoporated folds and straps that Lo is focusing on as part of her search for "unspoken beauty".... so cue...a LOT of folds, straps and sharp lines...

Plotzss101

A triangular sleeve like this needs to be investigated more... if only for the sole reason that I can say "Do you like my triangular sleeves...?  They're ISOSCELES!".

Plotzss102

I think I may have done something like this with masking tape in D.T. class one time... except I was fidgeting out of boredome and defacing a school desk and this is a wearable top...

Plotzss103

The criss-cross legging has popped up again but I like the fact that Plotz's version is a little looser and prevents oh so unsightly err... bulging chubby thigh problem..

Plotzss105

Plotzss107

Plotzss108

...speaking of bulging thighs... this is a case where billowing around the thigh seems to weirdly work...

Plotzss109

Plotzss1010

Plotzss106

Plotzss1011

The messy thread bag that Plotz has been doing for a few seasons pops up again in a black/white combo...

Plotzss1012

More related to the theme of the article: More related to the theme of the article:

没有评论:

发表评论