2012年4月29日星期日

It's Cold Outside

All the external signs are there.  The Eurostar has been stuck for 16 hours plus in the Channel tunnel.  Easyjet flights have been grounded.  Motorways are chocker-block.  Roads are slippy.  Trains are delayed.  My cheeks are threatening to go all floopy in the cold.  Yes, the big freeze has forced me to do nothing but revel in central heating, endless cups of tea, needlessly fiddle about with home Chrimbo decorations and revel in my assortment of sofa softies (Emma Cook cushion, APC Madras patchwork quilt and Gap knitted slippers - thanks EJ!).  Not that err... Eurostar, Easyjet or motorways are anything to do with me but that's not the point!  It's all going to malfunctioning pot out there and I'm staying put.  End of.

DSC_2015 DSC_2021

It's therefore highly invevitable that whilst at home, I'd go to my dependable sartorial home comfort.  Yes, it's that old chestnut again.  The grey jersey that so long as this blog exists,Denmark Soccer Jersey, will always find SOME way of snaking its way onto the blog somehow whether it's relevant or not.  First off, all the million and millions of lightyears away from The Moon and Mars (actually based in Scotland but even that seems millions of miles away considering the travel conditions at present...), this Teamo top is the grey jersey that wants to make some noise.  If I stand in front of the Christmas tree and wiggle my shoulders about, I could very well be a one-man-jingle-bells-carol singer.

DSC_2034 DSC_2031

I confess, these Vivienne Westwood rocking horse platforms did take flight outside into the real world today but the added wings on the shoes did give me Hermes-strength to trudge home quicker than norm.

DSC_2046 DSC_2045

DSC_2027

Even when I did venture outside (actually,Beats By Dr. Dre Pro, it wasn't out of choice... I've once again left my Christmast shopping to the last weekend...), the shops were also telling me that I should be staying put at home.  In Whistles, where I was supposed to be shopping for others, my eyes kept darting towards multiple pieces of grey jersey goodness.  Skirt, trousers, sweatshirts (long and short)... they well and truly have the GJ stuff totally covered (with a lot of it on sale too right now).  So along with gifts for other people, I also had to gift myself the zipper sweatshirt and skirt to add to the GJ kitty.  I'm happy to be a sad home wallflower if I'm constantly blending myself into a Muji sheeted background with the central heating on.

DSC_2025

IMG_1237

In all honesty, I did hold back on the GJ buys in Whistles because both S/S 10 and current sale stock both have a lot of offer, that adhere to the specifics of grey jersey as well as grey loveliness in general.  All pieces are of course,Replica Dispatch Sunglasses, fit to be seen outside in because of the injected deets that the store seems to have made a conscious effort to inject since Jane Shepherdson has been helming the creative direction.  The knitwear at the bottom aren't strictly grey or jersey but I had to throw them in the collage just to illustrate the awesome emphasis on interesting deets like the metal rings in the Simone Schailes-esque jumper and the textural patchworking in the hand knitted sweater. 

I promise, I won't lock all this GJ away from external forces.  I'm just waiting for the ice to melt... 

Whistles

没有评论:

发表评论